A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that’s unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push. ~Ludwig Wittgenstein
(quote reblogged from For Much Deliberation)
Here we are in the new year and conveniently the door has opened to my new blog, fourth in a row.
It’s salmon/pink/peach, the colour we strove to choose for our guest bedroom too. (“Strived” is not the correct past tense form, WordPress tell me. Ms. Kovačič from the University would be appalled.)
More about me is, strangely enough, in About me.
This photo is typical of me for so many reasons that I’ve chosen it for my first post on my new blog. Let’s see:
- Its lines are as far from parallel as possible. If all lines are parallel it means that you’re standing too still.
- It’s a chocolate shop. That will always steal my glance.
- It’s a door. I will acknowledge it and click, even if I don’t push or pull.
- It’s got me in it. A glimpse of me in passing is quite enough for me to know what I look like. No close-ups or mirrors necessary.
- It’s got a suitcase. I do tend to move from Italy to Slovenia and back regularly.
- It’s got the (wrong) beer ad but I kept it in because there is a flower above it. It may be plastic but also may not. I’m sure there is some deep meaning to all that.
- I’m taking the photo as if my camera had a peek hole. It doesn’t. It’s a point and shoot, not a peekaboo.
As for the quotation, I like it because it says that rather than push away you must pull towards you, chocolate, doors, people.
This afternoon I had a dream in which amore told me that it was my time to shine. I cannot promise that but I do aspire to leave a good taste in your mouth.
Always welcome and have a glorious year!